Challenge: Adding Modernization to a Practice Built in the 90s
In late 2022, Dr. Gabriella Bateman and Dr. Riley Bateman took over a well-established practice of a retiring doctor, aiming to preserve its family-oriented culture while creating a more modernized experience.
Transitioning from traditional manual processes to a modern approach was a daunting challenge for Half Moon Bay Dentistry especially for new business owners. With over 30 years of history, both patients and staff were initially skeptical about the need for new technology.
“Change is hard. It’s hard on staff and sometimes people feel like it's intimidating,” says Dr. Gabriella Bateman. “If you’re not continuously moving with technology, then you’re not providing the patient with the best care they can get,” adds Dr. Riley Bateman.
Solution: Operating a Paperless Practice
Half Moon Bay Dentistry needed a platform that could streamline their operations for the staff, create a more convenient process for patients, and help digitize walls of paperwork. After considering 4-5 other solutions, they decided on NexHealth for a few reasons:
- It allows patients to book online 24/7 - “some patients don’t like calling. Some patients can’t call. With NexHealth, they can directly book online and that’s amazing,” says Dr. Gabriella Bateman.
- Communication is much easier - “the office staff no longer needs to call patients one by one. They can text with patients so they always in the loop,” says Dr. Gabriella Bateman.
- Patients don’t fill out paper forms “My favorite feature is definitely the Forms,” says Renate, the Office Manager. The team can customize digital forms for patients to fill out before appointments, and everything is entered directly into the system.
- It syncs reliably with Open Dental - online appointments, digital forms, and patient messages directly sync with Open Dental, eliminating manual entry and human errors.
- The platform is user-friendly - “When I saw other platforms, it was so complex. The interface looked dated and old in some of them,” says Dr. Gabriella Bateman. The onboarding process at NexHealth is hands-on, and the platform is easy to navigate.
- Personalized onboarding - “Marco was very personable and Kayla made the effort to come in-person to help us with training,” says Renate Bruchner.
“Technology in dentistry plays in every aspect from reaching the patient to how we book patients to what we do in the chair,” says Dr. Riley Bateman. With NexHealth, the team can now eliminate tedious tasks and delight patients with a convenient, modern-day experience.