Building a Best-In-Class Patient Experience
North American Dental Group (NADG) is a premier dental services organization (DSO) that offers administrative support to over 240 affiliated dental practices spanning 15 states.
“North American dental practices have one focus, and that's our patient,” says Paul Reda, CEO of NADG, “we're there to provide the best care to our patients every visit period, no exceptions.”
However, creating a consistent patient experience across hundreds of local practices is challenging, and that’s why they needed a partner that they could trust to operate reliably and at a scale across hundreds of locations and millions of patient visits.
Consolidating Software With NexHealth’s Patient Experience Platform
NADG chose NexHealth as a unified patient experience solution for four reasons:
1. Go Live Across 200+ Locations in Weeks
NexHealth offers training from designated support teams that fully understand the DSO business operations. This helps DSOs like North American Dental Group streamline their onboarding process and quickly integrate NexHealth into their operations. With personalized support and training, it only took 2 weeks to go live across NADG’s 200+ locations.
2. 5x Increase in New Patients
NexHealth's platform allows NADG to show patients all of the NADG dental offices in a nearby region in one view. Patients love this experience because it provides them with more options to find a time that fits their schedule and enables them to book their appointment in under 20 seconds.
For NADG, this helps them shift patient demand from popular practices to ones that have much more availability and get new patients who prefer the convenience of booking online.
“What we learned is that using NexHealth introduced us to new patients who would prefer to book online instead of calling to make a dentist appointment,” says Dan Romary, CIO of NADG.
3. Easy Patient Engagement
NexHealth synchronizes with Open Dental software, enabling NADG to streamline administrative tasks and perfectly time each step of the patient journey.
- Patients book online and can view the office’s real-time availability from Open Dental
- Patients receive a reminder message before their appointment. Responding “Y” updates the appointment directly in Open Dental.
- Patients are sent their patient packet before the appointment. All patient information including medical history, allergies, HIPAA, etc. is directly added to the right field in Open Dental’s family file. This way, patients show up to the appointment without the wait and paperwork.
4. Consolidated Tech Stack to Save Costs
Using several tools creates a fragmented experience for practices and patients plus costs NADG hundreds of thousands of dollars. “We used to have separate systems for things like marketing campaigns, online booking, e-services texting and emails, and online forms – now it's just one platform,” says Armanda, VP of Operations.