In 2019, Dr. Shibani Raja D.D.S., the visionary dentist behind Trident Smiles Dental, embarked on a quest to revolutionize the dental experience. Turning it from one often met with anxiety, she aspired to make the dental experience as relaxing as a day at a spa beach resort. Collaborating with Michal Hudac for top-notch marketing strategies, Dr. Raja crafted an ambiance reminiscent of serene white sandy beaches, calming blue waters, and the gentle warmth of the sun—all while ensuring exceptional clinical care for her patients.
Challenge: A Tool That Balances Functionality and Aesthetics
Transforming a traditional dental clinic into a resort-like atmosphere was a considerable challenge for the Trident Smiles Dental team. It required precise online and in-office branding, the provision of appropriate amenities, and the adoption of a modern platform for a streamlined patient experience pre and post-appointments.
Michal explored several options, but none seemed to have all the features to cover each step of the patient experience while also matching the practice’s modern aesthetics. “Either the functionality was there but the aesthetics were not, or the aesthetics were there, but the functionality was not,” says Hudac.
Solution: NexHealth’s Modern Solution that Syncs with Dentrix Ascend
Dr. Raja D.D.S. and Michal selected NexHealth to create an elevated digital experience that aligns with their Trident Smiles Dental brand. “The UI is very clean and modern. When you go from the website to NexHealth, you don’t feel like you came from a different website,” says Michal.
With NexHealth, patients:
- Book appointments online in a few clicks: Patients can book 24/7 through Trident Smiles Dental website without talking to a front office member. All appointments are synced to Dentrix Ascend in real time.
- Submit forms from home: “A lot of our patients like filling out forms at home, on their phones or tablets, and not have to worry about coming in the office 15-20 minutes early to fill out patient forms,” says Yessenia Moroyoqui (Treatment Coordinator).
- Receive personalized reminders: Automated reminders reduce patient no-shows without requiring manual work from the staff.
- Pay from their phone: Collect payments faster with digital reminders that allow patients to pay online.
- Leave a review: Patients are sent a link to provide feedback on their visit. 4 and 5-star reviews are directed to Google.
- Book in 1-click to come back again: Patients are auto-sent a text and email to return to the office, where they can book their next appointment in 1 click.
Results: $3 Million in Revenue and 200 New Patients a Month
The transformational collaboration with NexHealth and the vision of Trident Smiles Dental yielded remarkable results over four years:
- $3 million in revenue: “Trident Smiles Dental went from zero to three million in revenue and this just wouldn't be possible without NexHealth and we’re excited for what’s to come,” says Michal Hudac.
- 200 monthly volume of new patients: Patients now have the flexibility to skip phone calls and directly book online, making it easier for new patients to convert from the website.
What’s Next: Expanding their office from 6 to 16 Chairs
With more patients coming through the door, Trident Smiles Dental is continuing to expand efficiently with NexHealth. In the next year, Trident Smiles Dental will be looking to expand their existing location, adding 10 more operatories to their practice.