Problem: Falmouth Pediatric needed more bandwidth at the front desk
“Providing a patient experience was tedious, time-consuming, and daunting,“ says Shaye Cheslock, the Practice Administrator of Falmouth Pediatric. Shaye’s small team was overwhelmed by the manual tasks of providing a great patient experience: scheduling appointments, sending out reminders, and dealing with the paperwork (scanning IDs, insurance cards, typing in personal information, etc.)
These challenges resulted in the office being understaffed, creating the need for a third person to handle the excess administrative tasks or find ways to automate their patient experience.
Solution: NexHealth automates the patient experience
NexHealth was introduced as a comprehensive solution to these challenges. It was designed specifically to automate and streamline administrative tasks in the patient experience, giving time back to practices like Falmouth Pediatric to spend with patients. This includes:
- Appointment Scheduling: Patients view available slots and schedule their own appointments, thereby reducing the workload of administrative staff. The patient's scheduled appointment automatically appears in your Dentrix calendar because NexHealth synchronizes with Dentrix.
- Automated Reminders: NexHealth sends automatic text reminders to patients regarding their upcoming appointments. This feature minimizes missed appointments and the need for manual follow-ups.
- Patient Forms: Patient form packets are automatically sent before their appointment to reduce in-office wait times. When the patient submits the forms, each piece of information, including personal info, insurance cards, and medical history, is uploaded into the right field in Dentrix, thanks to the NexHealth Synchronizer™.
- Payment Requests: Post-appointment, patients submit the payment online, reducing paperwork and improving the speed of payment collection.
- Google Reviews: After their appointment, patients automatically receive a message asking them to leave a review, thus improving the practice's online reputation on Google without extra manual effort.
- Re-care: NexHealth is programmed to automatically remind patients to book their re-care appointment six months later with just one click. This keeps patients on track with their dental health and ensures a steady flow of appointments for the practice.
By automating these processes with the NexHealth Synchronizer, Falmouth Pediatric reduces the steps needed to manage administrative duties, leading to significant time savings, improved efficiency, and better patient experience.
Results: Saving the practice a ~$60,000 salary
Because NexHealth automates appointment scheduling, reminders, forms, payments, reviews, and recalls, the team no longer needed to hire a third front office staff member, saving the practice ~$60,000 on an annual salary. Overall, the solution relieved stress, increased efficiency, and improved the patient experience. The return on investment (ROI) was deemed immeasurable, greatly outweighing the cost.